Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HAITI

I'm back..in America! It is so surreal, even though it's been a week. So I should have posted pictures last week, but I was busy editing many of them. Some turned out fabulous, others less so, but I feel like I was able to capture our awesome group and the amazing work we did. Our medical and dental clinic saw over a 1000 women and children and delivered a baby! It was such a rewarding experience! I am constantly amazed at the people I meet in Timo and the ownership that they are taking over their community and its development. When I arrived at Timo some of the villagers remembered me! I was so excited and felt so encouraged. Knowing that I have made an impact is such a powerful motivation for me to do more and in more effective ways. These people are no forgotten in my mind and I want to do what I can so that they can live better. Odette the woman whose home we stayed in gave me the biggest smile, the most incredible hug and then took my hand. In her chatter of Creole and my broken Creole/hand gestures and smiles gave me a tour of the improvements that the village has made since I was there in 2007! They had built a new outhouse for us to use and there were improvements made to her home. The young children even remembered my name and wondered about people who had come on the last trip.

No comments: