Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sidewalk Shoot..Salt Lake Style.









So after posting these I realize that the saturation is lost in posting them on the blog! :( Sad day. Trust me when I say they look so much more saturated on my monitor and that they are some really interesting portraits! Some girls in my lighting class and I went up to Salt Lake a couple Sunday's ago. It was a really fun shoot. We had some lighting gear and a few models. My friend Isaiah came with me. He's an aspiring photographer and wanted to see how we did things, with our soft boxes and external lights. Unknown to him, he would also be a model! He did a great job. After exhausting our models, we started to pull people off the street and photograph them. It was so fun! We met some super fascinating people. All of them where so different, yet each had their own individual style. One of the guys was a professional model! It was so neat to work with people you don't normally work with and then ask them to model for you! People are so good at adapting in front of the camera, after a while though they tend to ignore it or just let there guard down. That is when I think you are able to really capture a person. That's what I hope to capture when I'm photographing people. When that happens, that's a great moment!

No comments: