Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Addendum to my 1st post...and more swell news...

So in my first post I raved about my produce because at the time I was in a produce co-op with my friend Maggie. Because of our crazy schedules we had to stop being a part of the co-op, but I have since discovered Sunflower Market! It is a beautiful thing, walking out of a store with a basket full of produce for only $20. It makes me so happy! They carry a lot of organic products there, but the produce is the most exciting part. I love fresh produce and usually it is so expensive. Cooking with fresh goods is so delightful. This store helps ease that cost problem. Along with that delightful thought, I received a letter from my friend Meghan the other day! It was a super cool President's Day card! I love getting snail mail. It is so much fun opening a letter and reading it. My little sister sent me a letter as well and it was so neat! Now I realize how great it is for my brother, whose on his mission in the Netherlands, to receive mail. It is so uplifting and encouraging to open the mailbox and find something just for you! He just arrived in the Netherlands on Feb. 16th. This past week we got his first email, he is loving the work and his companion. They are already teaching a young man! He's just jumping into the work and finding out how much the Lord really loves each of his children. This week has also been really warm, in the 40s! I love it..flip-flops are the best footwear ever and I like seeing the sun. I'm not sure how long it'll last, but hopefully for a little bit! I think I’m gearing up for Haiti, where it will be warm and humid! Oh, baby! I don't know if I posted this before, but I saw Australia last week. It is such a great movie. The cinematography is beautiful! Australia is one of those places that is on my "list of places to go before I die". This movie made me want to go there even more! It has a really adventurous story, a little action, love, and a really wonderful aboriginal child. I really want to have a "creamy" baby as they call the mixed race children in the movie. Along with a Haitian and African child. They are so beautiful and I want to be able to give a child who doesn't have a family, the chance to have one. Although I'm not married yet, so this is still just thought for the future.

No comments: